Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring breaking for Rally's

This week Brian has been in Albuquerque, a very vegan/vegetarian friendly city, and the kids and I have been spring breaking it here in Indianapolis.  I've totally given up on cooking every night, so  sandwiches and frozen pizza have composed most of our menu.  The kids are eating everything from ham, turkey, pepperoni, to tuna, but I've tried to stay vegan-true as much as my weak will-power-in-the-face-of-a-half-eaten-Rally's-cheeseburger will allow me.  Yes, I'm that mom who eats off her kids' plates.  Heck, I'd probably eat off yours if you'd let me; just ask my coworkers.  I also observe the 10 second rule almost anywhere.  Monday night we had a great dinner of Green Goddess soup, salad, homemade wheat bread, and the kids ate mac and cheese with it.  Plus, my daily breakfasts and lunches have been perfectly vegan.  Success!  But last night I lost my vegan way when I reheated the left-over mac and cheese for me.  That's pretty pathetic considering left-over mac and cheese is typically on the bottom of my list of good eats.  But at least it's vegetarian and I was able to pass on the lunch meat sandwiches and pizza, and I ate a vegan PBJ instead (yeah, as long as you get the right bread, PBJ is vegan).  However, I think it was the 2nd PBJ that I had for lunch that threw me into a vulnerable state as to leave me utterly helpless when Zoria got into the car with her Rally's cheeseburger.  Thank goodness she only left me a small piece of it, but it was Junkfoodie heroine in my veins.  I'm pretty sure I'm going off the rails at dinner.  Just try to stop me (think of your heart, a future stroke, or worse, the scale)! 
    

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for updating your journey. I've been so eager to hear about your progress!

    ReplyDelete